Dallas to Waco Shuttle co-owners, Mark Roberts and Cari Weinberg, love traveling, especially in Texas. In her role as a concierge, Cari fielded a lot of questions about the best and easiest way to get from Dallas to Magnolia Market in Waco and the idea for Dallas to Waco was born!
Cari briefly lived in Waco as a young girl and she recruited Mark to help introduce visitors to this charming city that’s captivating the world.
As a couple, Mark and Cari enjoy exploring Texas, from top attractions to backroads discoveries. Both are lovers of history, art, delicious food, cold craft beer, and a good ol’ Texas tale.
In addition to the Dallas to Waco Shuttle, they run I See Dallas, a tour company that offers unique Dallas experiences in one-of-a-kind vehicles including a vintage Cadillac Fleetwood limousine with longhorns and a 10-seater school bus. Their mission is to shine a light on facets of Dallas that locals love! Whether it’s a “Brews Cruise” that shuttles craft beer enthusiasts to the top local breweries to The Dark Side of Dallas a tour that highlights the city’s haunted and hidden history. I See Dallas can also do custom photography tours, vintage shopping tours and more! We’re also happy to work with you on a custom excursion too.
Both Mark and Cari have been deeply involved with all things Dallas during their decades as residents of the city.
- Founded and runs Rockers vs Mods, a weekend event that brings together people interested in vintage Vespa scooters and European motorcycles for group rides and activities
- Founded “Italy to Paris, the World Rally of Texas,” a whimsical car rally that goes through Texas cities featuring European names. Drivers must have cars manufactured before 1990, with price tags below $2500
- Has been a member of the Deep Ellum Association Board – group dedicated to preserving the history of and protecting the Deep Ellum neighborhood
- Owned The Pawn Gallery, a Deep Ellum art gallery specializing in outsider art
- Is a concierge at a downtown Dallas hotel
- Is a native Texan who lived in Waco while in elementary school. Go, Midway Panthers!
- Is an urban nature explorer who loves local hiking and kayaking on the Trinity River in Dallas
- Helped run Art Conspiracy, a street-level art collective that brings together 100+ artists to create work for a lively charity auction that helps fund small Dallas arts organizations
- Played keyboards in Lovie, an all-girl band, that played for almost 10 years and recorded and released two albums
- Started her career as a TV news reporter, she reported on serious news but loved to do feature stories – especially on local history and lore